Deliciously easy finger food or party appetizer. Jalapeño Beef Poppers are crispy on the outside
and filled with ground chuck, cheddar cheese, and fresh jalapeños. Serve with Honey Lime Cream Sauce.
- 2 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® ground chuck
- 12 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 jalapeños, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon whole mustard seeds
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 bottle Frying oil as needed
- Combine ground beef, cheese, jalapeños, salt, pepper and mustard seeds in a large mixing bowl. Portion by hand into 42 “popper” shape balls, approximately 1-ounce each; refrigerate.
- Prepare dipping sauce. In a small bowl whisk together sour cream, lime juice and zest, honey, and cilantro; set aside.
- Crack and whisk eggs; put in a shallow dish. Combine bread crumbs and put in a second shallow dish.
- Prepare a pot with frying oil; heat to 325°. Roll poppers in egg mix, 6-8 at a time, roll in bread crumbs; repeat. Deep fry 4 minutes in batches. Allow to dry on paper towels; serve warm with Honey Lime Cream Sauce for dipping.