Cook an entire meal in one roasting pan with this easy Tri-Tip Roast with Rosemary-Garlic Vegetables recipe. This delicious roast beef dinner is sure to be a family favorite.
Certified Angus Beef ® brand Test Kitchen
- 1 1/2 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound Certified Angus Beef ® tri-tip roast
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 small red-skinned potatoes, halved
- 2 medium red, yellow or green bell peppers, cut into eighths
- 2 medium sweet onions, cut into 1-inch wedges
- Heat oven to 425°F. Combine garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper for seasoning; press 1/2 onto the tri-tip roast. Combine remaining seasoning with oil and vegetables in large bowl; toss.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Place vegetables on rack around roast. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 425°F oven 30 to 40 minutes for medium rare; 40 to 50 minutes for medium doneness.
- Remove roast when instant-read thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium. Transfer to board; tent with foil. Let stand 20-25 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
- Meanwhile increase oven temperature to 475°F. Remove peppers. Continue roasting potatoes and onions 10 minutes or until tender and lightly browned. Carve roast across the grain. Serve with vegetables.