Here, at Merchants Market Group we absolutely love chili, and I know that most of you do too. It seems only natural that I would find ways to enjoy this food more, right?
This chili cheese tater tot casserole is like eating chili cheese fries, but in a casserole form. It’s perfect for those chilly days when you want something warm and comforting.
The chili is cooking while the tater tots are baking ….although, if you really want to, you could use canned chili instead and save yourself that step. But I highly recommend making the chili yourself. I think it tastes much better if you enjoy it more. I didn’t include beans in this recipe, but you can if you’d like. You can also add a can of drained and rinsed beans if you’d like.
- 2 (15-ounce) cans HORMEL® Chunky Chili No Beans
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (28-ounce) package frozen potato puffs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Sour cream
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- In lightly greased 13 -x 9-inch baking dish, combine chili, tomatoes and green chiles. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese and layer with potato puffs. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden. Top with remaining 1 cup cheese and cilantro.
- Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Dollop with sour cream and sprinkle with additional cilantro.