The spicy flavor of Dijon mustard combined with vinegar and fresh minced aromatics make the perfect flavorful marinade for flank steak. The simplicity of the recipe doesn’t take away from the complexity of the flavors within. You’ll love Dijon flank as the headliner of your steak salads.
- Certified Angus Beef ® flank steak (1 1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- In a small mixing bowl combine Dijon, olive oil, vinegar, shallot, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper; whisk thoroughly to incorporate.
- Place steak in a heavy-duty plastic zip-top bag, add Dijon marinade. Move steak around in bag to fully coat in marinade. Press air out of bag; marinate refrigerated at least 3 hours, overnight for best results.
- Remove steak from marinade, wipe off excess marinade with a paper towel. Grill steak over medium-high heat about five minutes per side, then cook over indirect heat another 3 minutes or until reaching an internal temperature of 125°F for medium rare. Allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes before thinly slicing against the grain.
Leave A Comment