CATEGORY: PASTA & RICE DISHES
Bring the flavor of Italy to your table with this comforting Beef Bolognese. This authentic and traditional recipe is perfect for a weekend family meal.
- 1 1/2 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® 90/10 ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounces (3-4 slices) bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 6 ounces (1 small can) tomato paste
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pound whole wheat fettuccine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat leaf Italian parsley
- Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Heat large sauté pan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add oil to coat pan. Cook onion, carrot and celery until onions start to become transparent, 3-5 minutes. Add garlic, bacon and ground beef; break up and cook until no pink remains.
- Add wine and stir 2 minutes, scraping any brown bits from bottom of pan. Add tomato paste, stock, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low, simmering for 1 hour uncovered, stirring occasionally.
- Heat milk in separate saucepan over medium heat until hot to the touch without boiling, 2-3 minutes. (or microwave milk for 1 1/2 minutes on high.) Stir milk into sauce about a 1/4 cup at a time until absorbed. Simmer, nearly covered, for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions and drain. Combine pasta with half of the Bolognese sauce and parsley; then plate, topping with remaining sauce, parsley and grated cheese to taste.
Provided by Certified Angus Beef