CATEGORY: APPETIZERS, CASSEROLES
- 2 1/2 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® ground beef, preferably 90% lean
- 2 (1-ounce) packets taco seasoning
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 (8-ounce) block Colby Jack cheese, cut into 24 cubes
- 1 (14-ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup sour cream
- In a standing mixer with paddle attachment (or by hand in a large mixing bowl) mix ground beef with taco seasoning, crushed tortilla chips and eggs until well combined. Using a 1/4-cup measuring cup, divide mixture into 24 equal portions on a sheet tray.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Holding a portion of the beef mixture in the palm of one’s hand; take one cube of cheese and gently press it into beef mix, encompassing the entirety of the cheese within the meat. Make sure cheese is completely sealed within mixture and roll around forming a ball. Repeat with remaining beef portions and cubed cheese.
- Pour enchilada sauce in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan, line stuffed meatballs evenly in the sauce. Bake 30-40 minutes or until meatballs reach an internal temperature of 160°F.
- Serve topped with green onions and sour cream. Tip: for an even distribution of sour cream and nice presentation, apply sour cream with a squirt bottle or from a zipper-locking plastic bag with corner snipped.
Certified Angus Beef ® brand Test Kitchen