CATEGORY: STEAKS, OLD-SCHOOL CLASSICS
- 4 (6-ounce) Certified Angus Beef ® cubed steaks
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Season cubed steaks evenly with salt and pepper.
- In a Dutch oven or shallow braiser, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown both sides of steaks about 3-minutes per side, working in batches if necessary.
- Remove steaks from pan, turn heat down to medium and add onion and garlic; sear 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomato paste and sear for an additional 1-2 minutes. Stir in beef broth, tomatoes, Worcestershire and bay leaves; bring to a simmer while scraping any browned bits from bottom of pan.
- Return steaks to pan, cover and put in the oven for 1 1/2 hours until steaks are tender.