Pineapple-soy marinated steak strips is what sets this Teriyaki Beef Lo Mein above the rest. A delicious Asian noodle steak stir-fry skillet recipe to make for a weeknight meal.
- 1 pound Certified Angus Beef ® top round steak, cut into thin ribbons
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple chunks with juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 12 ounces Chinese egg noodles
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 8 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Green onion, scallion or chives for garnish (optional)
- Strain juice from canned pineapple, reserving juice. Combine juice with soy sauce and crushed red pepper. Marinate steak strips in pineapple mixture in refrigerator 2 hours.
- Prepare noodles according to package directions. Set aside, keeping warm.
- Remove steak strips from marinade, discarding marinade; pat dry with paper towels. Heat canola and sesame oil in large, nonstick skillet or wok; brown strips over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add peppers and mushrooms; sauté 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in teriyaki, noodles, reserved pineapple chunks and sesame seeds; heat 2 to 3 minutes and serve, garnished with green onion.