Caribbean Food Distributor Service
The food service industry is complicated and vast. There are many steps and people involved to bring food from the stateside vendor to the island distributor and then to the customers who will ultimately consume the products. Despite the complexity of the industry,
For over 50 years, Merchants have been delivering fresh produce, meats, seafood, dry goods and all food and non-food items needed to operate a restaurant to the Caribbean. They are considered an industry leader in the region. Merchants Market, a broad line food distributor, operates in four major locations in the Caribbean – St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, and Anguilla – and partners with various food distributors in Tortola and Virgin Gorda.
Their central warehouse in Florida serves as the procurement and consolidation center. Their island food distributors receive the products and deliver them to restaurants, hotels, resorts, hospitals, and stores in the Caribbean.
The company offers a vast range of products from fresh produce to frozen products as well as dry groceries, small wares, and cleaning products among others. As a member of the UniPro buying group, their customers are assured that they receive quality products with competitive pricing.
Some of their products include:
- Poultry – includes fresh, frozen, and cooked chicken and turkey parts, such as thighs, breasts, and wings. These products also come in different preparations such as deboned, skinless, or breaded;
- Beef and Pork – Merchants is also the provider of the highly renowned Certified Angus Beef brand in the islands. Other beef and pork products include meatballs, breaded beef portions, steaks, pork chops, bacon, sausage, and more;
- Seafood – includes fish, shellfish, and other specialty seafood products such as crab and lobster;
- Dairy – a full assortment of milk and other dairy products as well as different kinds of specialty cheeses;
- Fruits and Vegetables – includes both fresh and frozen fruits and vegetables;
- Bread and Bakery Items – a wide array of baked and par-baked products as well as quality dough products such as rolls and bagels, as well as numerous cakes, pies, cookies and other desserts;
- Dry Grocery – more than 5000 dry grocery products including pasta, sauces, condiments, and other canned products;
- Non-food Products – includes cleaning products, small wares, and other kitchen products or supplies.
Aside from being a Caribbean food distributor to its’ four distribution locations, Merchants Market has the experience to be your Caribbean food distributor on other islands in the Caribbean through consolidation, cross dock services and third-party logistics (3PL).
Merchants is also an industry leader as a Caribbean food distributor. For example, the company has introduced the use of Eco source as a food packaging item. Compared to other “eco-friendly” products and polystyrene, Ecosource is made from 100% sugarcane fiber. It is therefore user and environmentally friendly as well as fully compostable.
If you want to learn more about food distributors in the Caribbean contact
http://www.merchantsmarket.com today and they will be happy to service your needs on any island in the Caribbean.